ETD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akakinder

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

For about two months now I've had blocked feeling ears after trying to dive with a bit of congestion. I'm still unable to equalise and as a result can't dive. I saw my GP and a dive doctor who told me he couldn't find anything majorly wrong, but could see fluid. He diagnosed me with eustachian tube dysfunction but reassured me I would be back to diving soon and stressed because I hadn't have problems before - I'd be okay. It seemed to get better and then worse again so I was told to use beconase spray for two weeks. I have, and seem to feel even more congested, my ears crackling, popping in and out :(

I reallyyyyy miss diving and just want to sort this out now! Before I go back to see the dive doctor, I wanted to ask here if anyone's had this problem and what might help that I can try. I'm really desperate at this point, I want to complete my training!

Thank you so much,
Amy :)

Visit an ENT who will probably prescribe a corticosteroid spray in one fashion or another. What your doctor gave you was good as an allergy treatment, but it wasn't good enough for what you have.

Michael
who is not a doctor, not even a doctor of divinity, and has to let others sign the Rx's

A couple of students had this issue. It was recommended they take sudafed and use afrin for two weeks.

You can try that and if it doesn't work go see a Dr or at a minimum call DAN's non-emergency line. There is a lot of information on DAN's website regarding the ears. www.diversalertnetwork.org

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom