Essentials Class Report 10/9-10/11/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kathydee

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Just posted a fun class report in the No Cal forum: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/norcal/307839-another-utd-essentials-report-10-9-10-11-09-a.html .

I really enjoyed Essentials. Don, our instructor, provided a challenging class but made learning fun and established drills/practice as an enjoyable experience. With only 30 drysuit dives - Essentials provided just about the perfect challenge, offered technique to work on while gaining more drysuit skills and waiting for the next available Fundies class with Beto in February.

At this moment, what’s more important than pass/fail gratification of other courses, is that Essentials taught skill to practice, and provided the knowledge necessary to dive with my new GUE/UTD partners and contribute to the team dynamics.

A huge thank you to all of you who have supported me, and those who continue to support me along this path. I am constantly amazed by how unbelievably generous this community is!

I am very happy to have made local connections and couldn’t ask for a better dive community that the No California GUE/BAUE/UTD folks. Thanks again everybody! And thank you again Don for all that you’ve done! You're the best!

Last edited:
Hi Kathy,

Congrats on taking the class, sounds like it was a great one. Pretty soon all those skills that seem so hard when you first try them will be almost second nature. Have fun in fundies.

Congrats! :)

Kathy,
I'm glad you had fun and were challenged by the class. Now just go out there and dive and cement those skills you learned with some good experience.

Ben

Kathy,
I'm glad you had fun and were challenged by the class. Now just go out there and dive and cement those skills you learned with some good experience.

Ben

Thanks Ben!

Trust me - Friday's pool session & Sunday's dives can't come soon enough!
But really, I just wish I was back in class!

Great report, glad you enjoyed your class.

This made me smile:

"Most of the dives were spent, trying to hover in one spot"

Not sure if it's his quote or just one of those things that passes around the block, but during my Fundies class with Liam Allan he made a wry observation along these line.....

Most sports seem to be based around doing more, running fast, jumping higher etc.... but you know that you've reached the top in diving when you can do nothing.

Hey Kathy, as one who's dived with you pre and post Essentials, it was a joy to see you more comfortable and having more fun in the water!

Let's go diving!

Hey Kathy, as one who's dived with you pre and post Essentials, it was a joy to see you more comfortable and having more fun in the water!

:)!!!

Let's go diving!

Sure, anytime!

Thanks Ben!

Trust me - Friday's pool session & Sunday's dives can't come soon enough!
But really, I just wish I was back in class!

Don't worry just tell your buddies you want a thorough debriefing and you'll feel like it was a class :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom