ERIS software feedback

Do you plan to download the ERIS app?

• Yes, but only if it becomes cheaper or free.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I have no desire for that app at any price.

• The very existence of the app offends me.

• Other

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crush

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just clicked on SB's link to the ERIS (Emergency Response Information System) app webpage (see ERIS - Emergency Response Information System). I read over the description of what the app provides and fail to see why it is worth $6.99. Am I missing something? It seems to me to be a cumbersome and non-waterproof replacement for a log book and diving guide. Of course the ERIS app has a quick-call button that will connect you with the Divers Alert Network (DAN) emergency call center, but then again, I have the DAN numbers entered in my iPhone contacts.

What do you think?

I haven't jumped on it yet either. I've spent a reasonable amount on apps for both my iPhone and iPad, so it's not that I'm anti-paid apps, but I've also learned what I'm willing to pay for (and how much). I'm just not seeing the $6.99 value in this.

I have been attempting to get on the website to look at the applicaiton and can't get connected for the past week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom