Equipment Tags ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajim

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have DAN Tag on my BC with an old address. I talked to them at Beneath the Sea and they told me their supplier Palancar Industries went out of business. Their new tag doesn't really give much information on it.
I'm looking for one like the old tag. Any suggestions?

I make tags with one of those thermal-transfer label making machines from Brother. They make iron-on fabric labels for it. In general, I sew the labels in place rather than relying up the iron-on adhesive.

Try a Pet shop they have machines to engrave dog tags. Same thing the firefighters all get the little fire hydrants.

You can get pet tags on e-bay. I've ordered several and the top sellers do a great job of engraving.

Living close to Ft Hood, TX, dog tags are easy to get. I've had several made up with name and emergency info (phone number, blood type, religious preference, etc.) on them. I have one zip tied to my BC and one on my first stage.

A good idea to have them. Might go and add that to my gear.

Hey,

I got a custom one made from YourBagTag and I included name, date of birth, DAN policy number, allergies, and my ICE contact. I'm attaching this to my BC. They ended up not charging me extra and even sent proofs. I was going to go pet tags but liked that this one wasn't metal so there's no worry about corrosion, etc.

I'm also getting a slim Road ID (stainless steel) made for my wrist in case the BC is removed in an emergency.

For ID purposes and hopefully safe return of lost gear, I got a set of 3M waterproof stickers that some folks have raved about even after 100 dives. I put my email address on them.

Haven't received bag tag or stickers yet but I can report back once I get them if you'd like. Here's a link for the stickers. http://www.amazon.com/Personalized-Waterproof-Sticker-Scuba-Boating/dp/B00BNQEESO

Hi, folks.

I just received my tag for my BC. It's the perfect size and everything I wanted to include with no worry of corrosion. I still plan on getting a slim Road ID made for my wrist in case I become separated form my BC. The tag is from YourBagTag.com. Steve and Rebecca were great to work with in customizing it and they sent me a proof before they made it. Shipping was really quick. As an alternative, you could also make a custom BC tag (a velcro wrap around the strap with a full color custom plate with a picture and/or words). A photo is here for your reference. I did blur out some personal information for obvious reasons. :) I hope this helps someone!

Screen Shot 2016-05-16 at 7.04.17 PM.png

Hi, folks.

I just received my tag for my BC. It's the perfect size and everything I wanted to include with no worry of corrosion. I still plan on getting a slim Road ID made for my wrist in case I become separated form my BC. The tag is from YourBagTag.com. Steve and Rebecca were great to work with in customizing it and they sent me a proof before they made it. Shipping was really quick. As an alternative, you could also make a custom BC tag (a velcro wrap around the strap with a full color custom plate with a picture and/or words). A photo is here for your reference. I did blur out some personal information for obvious reasons. :) I hope this helps someone!

View attachment 373641
Nice. I've had good experiences with the YourBagTag folks too.
Seems like you might want to find another spot on the BC to put the tag, however; you might want to use that d-ring for something else, and the tag could be in the way. Maybe a waist ring, or the rear of a pocket, or somewhere out of the way but still visible?

@tursiops Thanks for the suggestion. I don't currently have anything on that d-ring so that will be a temporary place until something else finds its way there. I can also shift it to the side since it moves across the d-ring. I'll keep my options open...a few more d-rings i can also use.

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom