Equipment advice for an old timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texmike

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have been scuba diving and instructing off & on for over 20 years and have actually conducted a couple of UW photography classes using Nikonos IÃÔ & IIÃÔ (I know IÃÎ dating myself here).

I am starting from scratch again (with respect to equipment) and I need advice on a good digital camera/system. My wife is also an avid photographer and academian who uses digital photography to catalog her work. We have stubbornly stuck to film and figure it is time to go digital.

I would like to start with a good camera and lens(es) that is durable and fairly lightweight that is capable of providing ÅÑrofessional photos/prints.

This will not be the only camera I have so it doesnÃÕ have to be the latest and greatest. My guess is that I will upgrade within the next 2 years.

Quality and Durability is the primary consideration as we will be traveling extensively with the system.

Any information you could provide will be greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom