EOS M6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BadGoat

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I’ve recently picked up a Sea Frogs housing for my Canon M6. It works relatively well, especially for the price ($160). The only challenge I’ve had so far is getting the power switch to align properly. I’m using the 22mm port for the moment and have the 6” dry dome on order.

I modified my old single handle Ikelitite tray to fit the Sea Frogs mounting holes and have an Inon S2000 running off the fiber optic port.

These shots were natural light only. I have'nt used the strobe yet.

Mike

It does decent videos too. This is with the ef-m 22 mm lens.

Carribbean Reef Octopus, St Croix, USVI

Mike

I'm thinking about getting a housing for my M6 II ( I currently have a sony RX setup w/ Inon 2000).
My big question is how is focus with the M6 underwater, since you can't use the touch screen.
Is automatic focus good enough, or do you use manual focus ?

I set the focus as either a center point or a zone before entering the water. The autofocus is very good on my M6 and likely even better on the Mark II. I generally run on shutter priority and let the camera set the aperture and ISO speed. I'll limit the upper ISO at 800 or 1200 to keep the noise down.

Mike

I've now added the dry port and have been using it with the Canon EF-M 18-55 lens. The only complaint I have about this set up is the port size limits you to using only the Canon EF-M lenses. I need to pick up an 11-22 and a 28mm Macro and see how I like them.

These were all taken with the 18-55mm kit lens and the Sea frogs housing with dome port.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom