EON technical question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Itay

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi,
I have two questions:
1. I have one dive that for some reason didn't upload to Suunto's app. The dives from the previous day as well as the other two dives that I did that day, and the following days - all smoothly uploaded. All of the dives were uploaded to the DM5 pc software. Is there a way I can upload this dive to the app? I tried to unpair and repair the dc - nothing helped...

2. I'm currently in a diving Safari with my brother who uses the zoop computer. We both did exactly the same dives, but to my surprise this morning we both had a surface time of 16hr 22 min, however, my computer (EPN) showed that I'm cleared to fly whereas my brother zoop computer showed that he still has 6 hrs 17 min before he can fly. The only difference between us is that my brother is 9 years older than me. Is that the reason for the difference?

Thanks,
Itay

ad 2:
EON and Zoop uses different algorithms. Zoop uses Suunto RGBM, but EON uses new Suunto Fused™ RGBM 2.
Both algorithms are Suunto proprietary and no one (except Suunto of course) can explain what is the difference.

RGBM algorithm compared to Buhlmann ZHL-16 are in most cases more conservative, especially on repetitive dives, but not take it as a rule. In some cases Buhlman may be more conservative.

One feature of the new (March 2021) Suunto Fused RGBM2 algorithm - compared to the older version that the Zoop runs - is shorter no-fly times. That explains that difference.

Why that specific dive will not upload remains a mystery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom