Eon steel not logging dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brian Roebuck

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My past few (5) dives have not been recorded. I went on vacation to Bahamas and the 3 dives I went on did not show up when I went to the log section of the computer. Went on another 2 dives yesterday (12/31/18) and same issue. The computer is functioning properly during the dives and I have made no changes to it other than my gas mixture and tank sizes.

I'm noticing the same problem with my EON Steel. Seems to drop a couple dives every month or so. Did you ever figure out what the issue was?

May not be the problem you're experiencing, but I had the batteries run complete down on my eon core which reset the calendar/clock. When I recharged, the calendar defaulted to 1/1/2010 and the first two dives I did before realizing it showed up at the bottom of the dive list instead of top as they're sorted chronologically.

Thanks! I have run the battery down to zero a couple times, so that definitely explains some of the previous droppage as I see 5 dives from January of 2010. But it doesn't explain the two dives from yesterday. Plenty of battery, and calendar is accurate.

Having charging issues and also lost three sequential dives... I discovered the charging issues at about 10 dives from purchase. So now I keep plugged in a few days in advance and in between dives. Didn't look right but figured I should try some things before returning. But now with a full charge the computer simply didn't log three dives. Makes me wonder how safely it performed during those dives... Scary stuff.

I’ve got a life, learn to take a joke and you might have a little fun 😉
Dude, if you want to humor or give life advice start your own thread. This was about a specific matter as the title of the thread indicated.

Dude, if you want to humor or give life advice start your own thread. This was about a specific matter as the title of the thread indicated.

Ok well I tried to be nice. Ditch that garbage suunto and get a real computer. I sold my eon core a while back because it locked me out for 48 hours and wouldn’t log my dives because the “battery was too low.” It had 4 hours of battery life and locked me out….sold them the next week and bought some perdix AI’s. Best decision ever. I’d never buy another suunto computer even with the buhlmann upgrade. [Mod edit]

Back
Top Bottom