Eolos Breathe trainer, fake or true

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Respiratory muscle training is pretty popular in the endurance sports world. There are several devices on the market that offer resistance training.

Respiratory Muscle Training

I see

I read the link description that Johnny posted.

For the physicians

In the descriptions there are somethings I may misinterpretating, it tells you about deep inhale and deep exhale, will this not influence your yoyo buoyancy, if not then is your volume usage not higher ?

I'm curious of this gadget more for musle training of my respiratory system under high ambient pressure ( deep diving ) and morr controled breathing in the unlikely event of a restrictive regulator

I have friends who used similar devices for different sports 20 years ago and thought they helped, especially for sprinting.

I breath very deep naturally, do the same while diving without issue. I just breath at a faster rate underwater, still relaxed and low consumption r as the. Never tried a breath trainer.

They're probably not super useful for recreational scuba diving except maybe rebreather diving where CO2 retention is a much more likely and proper breathing is much more important, but many freedivers use them for the reasons stated in the literature.

Last edited:
:rofl3: If you want one used by freedivers (as opposed to Navy Seals with COPD), Dano's been selling them for $20 for as long as I remember.

I am curious, how does this work? If anyone know?

Both of the items that @Remy B. linked are respiratory muscle trainers. They work by increasing the breathing resistance on inhalation and exhalation, kind of like breathing through a straw. The idea is to strengthen the diaphragm and intracostal muscles to make breathing more efficient.

I see

I read the link description that Johnny posted.

For the physicians

In the descriptions there are somethings I may misinterpretating, it tells you about deep inhale and deep exhale, will this not influence your yoyo buoyancy, if not then is your volume usage not higher ?

I'm curious of this gadget more for musle training of my respiratory system under high ambient pressure ( deep diving ) and morr controled breathing in the unlikely event of a restrictive regulator

Not a physician, but my 2 cents: if this does increase your lung capacity, it would by extension increase your buoyancy on a full inhalation, but it would not affect your oxygen consumption or your rate of CO2 production, so it shouldn't affect your gas consumption, all other things being equal.

Best regards,
DDM

Lung capacity is largely hereditary. You can mess it up (smoking, disease), but you can't increase it without some serious commitment. Some professional large brass instrument players do increase their capacity. So, if you care to spend some hours blowing on a tuba.....go for it.

For recreational diving resistance exercisers are not likely to be of any value unless you have a SERIOUSLY de-tuned reg. The object is to breathe easily, slowly, and keep the aerobic level low.

Back
Top Bottom