Envoy kit question for Scott

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kld223

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I will be purchasing either an Envoy or an Envoy Deluxe regulator set (1st stage, primary 2nd stage, and alternate) in a few days. I have just about convinced myself that the resistance adjustment is worth the small increase in price for the Envoy Deluxe when used for the primary reg. I am thinking that I can get by with an Envoy for my alternate (octopus). Is there a significant difference in the annual service kit for the Envoy vs the Envoy Deluxe? I would really like the maintenance kit on my primary regulator (Envoy Deluxe) to be usable for my alternate regulator (recognizing that the Deluxe kit would probably have an additional oring or two, etc).

Scott, what do you think? Does it make sense to have an Envoy Deluxe as an alternate to match the primary or does it make more sense to use the Envoy for the alternate?

By the way, I will be getting a setup to match for my wife at the same time, so the $$ savings on the alternate would be doubled. After borrowing an Envoy from a friend, I am sold on your product. Breathes very well and doesn't cost mega-bucks. I plan to dive in moderate to warm water only (68F or higher).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom