Enviromentally sealing a Mares V16--??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I own, and have at times used these 2, O2 clean Mares Proton V16 first stage regulators in warm to chilly water in the mid 40's with no real issues on deco bottles of freeze-ups. Not being a Pro Scuba Gear Tech, I was wondering the process for Environmentally Sealing these 2 first stages for use in colder waters. Is there any printed materials that might walk me threw this process? Thanks for any input.

Hi Alan,
I'm afraid we don't publish service / repair manuals for the end user. Regulators are as you know are life support, and installing dry kits will involve some diassembly and reassembly. If the regulators are not reassembled or settings adjusted properly, their is risk of poor performance or failure. Our recommendation is to take it to an authorized Mares dealer / certified Mares Lab technician for the work. I'm glad you like your regs!

Stay warm in the cold water.

Best,

Hi Alan,
I'm afraid we don't publish service / repair manuals for the end user. Regulators are as you know are life support, and installing dry kits will involve some diassembly and reassembly. If the regulators are not reassembled or settings adjusted properly, their is risk of poor performance or failure. Our recommendation is to take it to an authorized Mares dealer / certified Mares Lab technician for the work. I'm glad you like your regs!

Stay warm in the cold water.

Best,

Zak, thanks for thew disclaimer, I understood all that prior....but never hurts to be reminded.

My question more centered around, is it a 'wet' fill, or more up to date dry part that the tech would install??

Thanks again for your help!!!

Hi Alan,
Yes the proverbial disclaimer, sorry but I have to. :wink: To be more specific, the V16 1st stage can be fitted with a new "dry kit" not oil filled. Part # is below, any authorized Mares dealer can order this if needed. I hope this helps you out!
416855 COLD WATER DRY KIT (MR22, 32,12,16)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom