ENT says " Eustachian tube has scarring" just don't dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Craigpk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

i have only 7 dives logged, but always have trouble equalizing. I can clear one side but not the other. Went to see an ENT and he said there is no fix, he suggested i may have scarring ? although never really had issues with ears other that diving and the occasional pain with flying. i have tried nasal spray/saline solution/sudafed etc. Not sure what i should do next. Would Tuboplasty work for me ?

Thanks

Rusty,
i use Nasonex. about 3 weeks before dive.

You saw an ENT who gave you advice. In Australia, I assume your health care system allows you to get a second medical opinion. If not, pay for it yourself, and then you will have two medical professional opinions rather than rely on anecdotal SB opinions.

You saw and ENT who gave you advice. In Australia, I assume your health care system allows you to get a second medical opinion. If not, pay for it yourself, and then you will have two medical professional opinions rather than rely on anecdotal SB opinions.

Altamira,
That is my thoughts as well, shame i have to go back to doctor and get another referral.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom