Enough time to dive from Cruise ship? - Shark Ray Alley

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rascalsmom

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm going to Belize on Norwegian Dawn on April 3. It looks like their local time (CST) is 2 hours behind "ships time" (EST with Daylight Savings). So if we are leaving at ship's time 5:00, am I correct in thinking I'd have to be back on board at 2:30 local time? UGH! All of our ports are 5:00 departure.

There are no scuba trips offered through the ship in Belize. Is that my clue that there won't be enough time to get back to the ship for departure?
I checked the port schedule and there are FIVE ships docked in Belize City that day.

We were hoping to book through Sea Sports and do the Hol Chan dive and Shark Ray Alley snorkel. Group of 7, so it would be disastrous to miss the ship. Advice, please?

Can't help with interpreting "ship's time". I can say that getting up to Hol Chan would be tricky time-wise, AND as far as I'm concerned not worth the effort. If the ship doesn't offer any diving you could ask Sea Sports if they can arrange anything - they work with the ships all the time and know what works. But diving much closer than Hol Chan. Certainly if you're not back on shore at the shuttle departure point by the designated time you stand a risk of your ship leaving without you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom