End of may

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ffhamm

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Is this a good time to visit Belize? I read some things that make it sound like it and some not.
We plan on spending some time diving but would also like to visit some sites inland.

Thanks,
Jeff

I'll take a shot at answering your question since you didn't get a response and I've been to Belize twice that time of year.

Yes I think it's a good time to go. You can expect high 80's - low 90's with chance of afternoon Thundershowers. The diving should be good and you don't have to worry so much about big storms scrubbing your plans like in the winter.

I don't know where you are from but I guess it will feel hot on your inland tours so be prepared and you will enjoy.

Hot does not bother me too much, mosquitos might, are they really bad this time of year?

It's the end of dry season and start of rainy/hurricane season so they shouldn't be bad but I think it depends on where you are going. Stay by the coast and the trade winds keep 'em down. The critters that can be fierce are the sandfleas. We visited Glovers on a boat and saw people covered with bites that were staying on the island.

Go prepared and with a good attitude and I'm sure you will have a blast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom