End-March, 2019 Seychelles photos/reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for sharing! I've been very curious about the Seychelles.

A video from one of the dives:
Hi Mark, I am thinking of going next May, but have heard mixed reviews for experienced divers (only from travel companies trying to sell Maldives trips) what was your overall view n the reefs and quantity of fish?

I was surprised by the lack of hard coral cover. I think most of the reefs are made of solid rock (granite?) instead of corals. One of the sites had lots of small soft corals (the site in the video), but the other sites had none. There were plenty of fish. Overall, the photos and video pretty much sum up my experience. I only did 3 sites over 2 days so I don't really have enough experience to have much of an opinion. I enjoyed it. For a Canadian, it's almost exactly on the opposite side of the world and very expensive to get there so I wouldn't choose to go there on holiday. I was there for a few days for work. It's popular with Europeans since it's much closer for them.

Thanks for the video. I was thinking of going there to sample their bat curry.

Did you see any sharks? If so, what types?

We went to Seychelles for diving in April 2016 - it was a great trip!
First we dived from Mahe - good diving, but we were not impressed by the dive operator, however we did see some black tip reef sharks, lots of fish and beautiful corals.
We also dived from Praslin - much better diving! Especially the "Ave Maria" dive site was spectacular with the boulders and fish life. We saw eagle rays and black tips during our Praslin stay as well.

It was cheaper, that going to Maldives and some of the diving was better (more healthy corals and better viz), but no mantas or whale sharks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom