Employment Possibilities??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mamerrin

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am completing my MSDT this year and was wondering how difficult it is to find emplyment in Belize?

Also very interested in teaching. Are these positions available?

Hi Mamerin

Diving in regulated in Belize and the diving trade is a forbidden trade for foreigners meaning it is for locals only however you could find a job but that business would have ot advertise for a Local Belizean first and if they do not get any response they can apply for a work permit for you on your behalf as an Instructor.

I have seen some consistent ads for offshore resorts advertising for Instructors etc my advice would be to send your CV and experience to all the resorts in Belize and see if you get any responses.

You may find it a lot easier applying in a US territory though such as Florida Keys hawaii etc where you wont have the work permit issue which is always a red tape issue.

Good Luck in your search

Gaz Cooper

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom