Electronic housing for still cameras?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JRO

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok, so a week ago my video camera went for a dive without me =(
On the upside, my insurance covered it which leaves me a decent budget to work with.

My first video camera had an electronic housing and I loved it.
for my second I used a mechanical housing, and though I liked it...it was a PITA. Nothing like loosing the ability to record because something inside moved over a hair.

I'm now looking at shifting gears and going with a still camera...leaning towards a mirrorless so far.

With all that said...is there a still housing manufacturer that makes an electronic housing? Or worst case, a no hassle mechanical system that easily lines up?

All the reputable brands line up well. For 4/3rd you have the oly housings, nautica, recsea... I've seen an electronic one for DSLRs but i forgot the manufacturer (one housing for several camera models).

Your original camera must really love diving :)

@dimac...it seems so, I think it just wanted to get off the boat full of sea sick folks. First time I've been sea sick on a dive boat, EVER!! I dropped it in mid hurl =(

@diversteve....that housing looks great!!! Just dropped them a message seeing if it would work on the micro 4/3's

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom