Electronic divelogs on IOS and PC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NavarroOne

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have Divers Book v2.2.9 on my iphone 5s and Ipad Mini Retina, both running IOS 8.1.

On my Windows 7 PC, I run Subsurface 4.2 and I have a Divelogs.de account.

The idea is I use Divers Book at the dive site, then export in XML to dropbox and from there, I import to Subsurface on my PC via Dropbox. I subsequently upload from Subsurface to divelogs.de.

I've noticed that some data is missing when I get to divelogs.de and if I add data at divelogs.de and subsequently import that dive into Divers Book then once again, data is missing and some fields will be truncated. Frustrating.

Do you have a bullet proof process for sharing FULL DATA across IOS and PC as well as divelogs.de?

Per my understanding, divelogs.de is a requirement if you use Divers Book, since you cannot add data or even dives in Subsurface and then export direct to Divers Book; you need divelogs.de as an interface in between, or am I mistaken?

I'm not sure about divelogs.de but I use MacDive on my computer and Dive Log on my iPhone. They sync nicely with each other, show everything (and more) that I want and seem to work with external sites as well. After all, they are different log software companies and work together.

What data goes missing in the translation from Subsurface to divelogs.de or in the other direction?

...... Do you have a bullet proof process for sharing FULL DATA across IOS and PC .....
Yes.
At the dive site use divePAL (iPhone or iPad) and DCbuddy to directly download logs from a supported dive computer using your iPhone / iPad, add to the logs dive site info, gear, buddy .... then tap on the synch button to send the logs to our divePAL cloud.
Once you are back at home use divePAL Windows to retrieve the logs from the divePAL cloud with a simple click of a mouse.
No files to export/import. KISS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom