Electrical outlets and gear bag?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

farsidefan1

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In Palau are the outlets different from the U.S.? I don't want to carry my bag of conversion outlets if I don't need them. I will be on the Aggressor one week and at the Sea Passion and diving with Sam's the next week I assume Aggressor has U.S. style outlets but I don't know about the Sea Passion.

My second question is, Do I need to take a gear carry bag to lug my fins, mask, etc every morning over to Sam's from the sea passion or do I leave my gear with them (hoping it is the latter). The gear carry bag is BIG mesh netting. Rather not pack it either :). Thanks

PALAU plug adapters: the grounded plug adapter WA-5 and the ungrounded plug adapter #3. These are the recommended wall outlet plug adapters for PALAU The plug adapters at the left are for people coming to one of the countries listed below, from a country not in the list below. These plug adapters are universal on the female side and will accept any foreign plug (including the United States), except for the large plug found in South Africa, India, and a few other countries (see our WA-10L adapter). If your country isn't in the Iist below, then you will need the plug adapters shown above when visiting these countries:
Bahamas, Barbados, Barbuda, Bermuda, Canada, Cayman Islands, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guam, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Japan, Mexico, Micronesia, Montserrat, Nicaragua, Palau, Puerto Rico, Saba and Saba (St.Eustatius), Taiwan, Trinidad, Tobago, Turks/Caicos Islands, United States of America, Venezuela, and Virgin Islands.

Long story short they use the same plugs as U.S., 115 vac

You can leave all your gear at Sam's, but you have to get it there at least once, plus the dive locker is just shelves (and hooks for wetsuits) so you really do need something to put your gear in. It also makes it a lot easier getting on and off the boat to have a bag. The dive locker is open to the public while Sam's is open for business so it's not locked up if you're concerned about that. But it will be with you during the day anyway unless you have a non-dive day worked in. We left all of our stuff there and walked back to the Sea Passion every evening, although there are shuttles if you're so inclined. Sam's runs a dive boat over to the hotel every morning and picks you up at the dock. The rooms at the Sea Passion can be on the smaller side so not having a ton of dive gear in the room smelling the place up was a plus. The night before we left we had pretty near every inch of the room taken up with gear we were trying to dry out before our flight.

Thanks, fortunately I have to room to myself so I can spread out a bit. I had asked for one of the "favored rooms, 501,503,or 505 but found out they were larger and much more expensive, being alone I took another room. I am doing 3 dives a day so my stuff will be out most of the day. I plan on doing a few night dives as well, hoping to catch some of the mandarin action off the "house reef". I don't mind hauling it down there to start and end the trip. It is the daily drag that gets old. I have felt comfortable leaving my gear in shops in the past, it just depends on how safe it seems.

Thanks, fortunately I have to room to myself so I can spread out a bit. I had asked for one of the "favored rooms, 501,503,or 505 but found out they were larger and much more expensive, being alone I took another room. I am doing 3 dives a day so my stuff will be out most of the day. I plan on doing a few night dives as well, hoping to catch some of the mandarin action off the "house reef". I don't mind hauling it down there to start and end the trip. It is the daily drag that gets old. I have felt comfortable leaving my gear in shops in the past, it just depends on how safe it seems.

The rooms are designed for Japanese tourists, there ain't a whole lot of room to spread out in the smaller rooms. If you're in a room by yourself, it just means you won't have to step out into the hallway so your wife can come out of the john.

I never felt uncomfortable leaving my stuff at Sams, expensive regulators and all.

I believe that they had free tanks available for doing the mandarin dives.

Good luck with the air conditioner.

We have a daughter and son in law living in Japan. I know EXACTLY what you mean lol. I am absolutely amazed at how "space efficient" they are. Sounds like when I bring the wife next year we go for one of the suites. I live very inefficiently when it comes to space. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom