El Presidente Hotel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mawg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For those of you who are interested, I received an Email from the El Presidente Hotel Gen. Mgr. this weekend and thought I would share it with those of you who love the hotel as much as I do.

Dear Mr. Patrick,

We are pleased to announce that we will reopen the resort on September 1st. 2006.

The resort will have undergone a major renovation program designed to offer some of the best facilitiies in the Mexican Caribbean while maintaining the tranquility and charm the resort has been famous for.

With an investment of over US$25 million, the resort will introduce a number of new facilities including a new additional pool, new restaurants and a Scuba certification training center. The redesigned rooms and suites will feature luxurious furniture and will incorporate state of the art amenities including plasma televisions. The Presidente will also be reducing its room inventory and creating an additional category of deluxe suites- the " Ocean Suites " will offer over 70 square meters of comfortable space with unparalleled views of the Caribbean Sea. All of the resorts 220 rooms and suites offer balconies or terraces.

Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel Resort and Spa invites you to plan your return to the Resort and prepare to discover Stars and Diamonds like you have never seen before.

Not doubting what there estimated opening date is but, I was just there and from what I could see I would say it may be later in 2006. The place was really damaged in the storm. IMO

Firerescueguy:
Not doubting what there estimated opening date is but, I was just there and from what I could see I would say it may be later in 2006. The place was really damaged in the storm. IMO

That's what I was thinking, too. I saw it mid-January close up (going in and out of the Caleta), and it looked really bad. Had they started working on it yet when you were there? They hadn't when I was.

ggunn:
That's what I was thinking, too. I saw it mid-January close up (going in and out of the Caleta), and it looked really bad. Had they started working on it yet when you were there? They hadn't when I was.

There were a few workers but nothing substantial. Dont get me wrong I was very impressed to the amount of work that has been acomplished in just 4 of 5 months. But, I dont see all of the repairs finished plus the upgrades spoke of in that time frame. IMO

Back
Top Bottom