El Niño this year?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jungho Kim should be back by now. Temperatures are record high right now but maybe cool enough to be OK
Galapagos Aggressor has stopped posting logs since June 05 and that is usually a bad sign

Just got back... Saw whale sharks on 2 out of 6 dives at Darwin... Literally ran into one of them! Hundreds of Hammerheads and lost count of the number of Mola Molas... Weird thing was I didn't see a single eagle ray or cow ray while on my last trip I saw too many to count... Temp was 78 - 81 at Darwin/Wolf but there were thermoclines to high 60s, low 70s... Temp on the western side was a chilly 63... Great trip overall and The Galapagos Sky crew was fantastic... Natasha and Fabricio were excellent guides... I can't wait to go back! Will post videos later...

I am glad it was a great trip. You obviously need the thermoclines that weren't there when i went
Will try to go there again in another period hoping the warm water does not follow me!!!

Yes, although the sea surface temp was high, the temp underwater has been declining since May... I believe that is the critical factor for seeing the big stuff!

I was there 11-18 may same boat there was no thermocline down to 35 meters thankfully now back to normal but June reports were pretty crappy too. Anyway another time look forward to the pictures or video

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom