El Gouna

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

halluxone

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We’re visiting our Egyptian family in May and they prefer El Gouna for vacation. My wife and I are avid divers/photographers and want to make the most of the trip. Any suggestions on dive shops? We’re staying at the Sheraton Miramar and the reviews of their shop, Cinderella, aren’t very good. We’re both AOW/nitrox with our own gear looking for “valet” diving with similar like minded divers. Obviously a liveaboard or other spots would be better for us, but we’ve got to keep the family happy:) Thanks for any suggestions!

Although I don't have first-hand experience, I have heard good thing about Orca El Gouna. Their website is ORCA Dive Club El Gouna. Orca is a dive center chain at the red sea that is more on the upscale side. I personally just know their nearby center at Soma Bay and it was top notch.

I'll be at El Gouna end of March and due to my good experience in Soma Bay, I'm planning to dive with Orca again. Since there is no reef right next to El-Gouna be prepared to spend your day on a boat.

We’re visiting our Egyptian family in May and they prefer El Gouna for vacation. My wife and I are avid divers/photographers and want to make the most of the trip. Any suggestions on dive shops? We’re staying at the Sheraton Miramar and the reviews of their shop, Cinderella, aren’t very good. We’re both AOW/nitrox with our own gear looking for “valet” diving with similar like minded divers. Obviously a liveaboard or other spots would be better for us, but we’ve got to keep the family happy:) Thanks for any suggestions!

Generally El Gouna is day boat diving - 2 dives

Because of the type of reefs and conditions it's particularly good for OW and inexperienced/occasional divers. It is pretty though

There are a few deeper sites but it depends on the shops customers

As for valet diving... you'll find your tanks on the boat, maybe they'll carry your gear onboard but that's it in general.

Edit: My friend, who has a holiday house in El Gouna chooses Colona divers. If he's happy I'm sure they're okay

Trip advisor reviews for all aren't' really that informative as most seem to be from new divers who are excited and happy, some of the negative reviews I feel are from people less experienced that they make out or have differing expectaions. I know El Gouna but I'd have a difficult time picking which dive centre from reviews. Personally I'd spend a morning touring between them to check them out, but that's just me

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom