El Cantil, Casa Mexicana, or Suites Bahia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gianster

Contributor
Reaction score
Hola,

I have only stayed at El Presidente Intercontinental all these years. They are booked 4 out of 7 days that i'll be on the island so i have to stay somewhere new for the first 4 days. I have broken it down to El Cantil Condos studio unit 7bn , Casa Mexicana, or Suites Bahia. Where would you stay if you had the choice? El Cantil has the benefit of waterfront and dock pickup for diving but have to walk a good distance to town. Casa Mexicana seems nicer than Suites Bahia but longer distance to pier pickup across the street and Suites Bahia seems out dated and old but in town and across the street from main pier for diving pickup. I'm Torn.

I have stayed at Casa Mexicana 8 times and I love it. The breakfast can't be beat and it is close to the action. The walk to the pier is negligible especially if you have most of your gear staying with your dive op. Suites Bahia is owned by Casa Mexicana and as I understand it the breakfast offered by Suites is taken at Casa Mexicana and so if you want breakfast you are walking to Casa Mexicana in any case. The walk between the two cant be more than 200-300 feet

The walk to town from El Cantil should be trivial if you are healthy. If you are staying at Presidente I would guess that El Cantil would be closer in comfort. I have only visited a person there once.

Second choice would be Casa Mexicana.

This map may help

Cozumel hotel directory

Who is your dive op?

El Cantil will be closest in accommodation to Presidente. Bahia is very cheap, but very clean and comfortable. Casa Mexicana is a step up in hotel, as I understand, haven't stayed there, but the breakfast is great, as I have stayed at Bahia a few times, and they are a sister hotel. Sounds like your pier is the Aldora pier, in front of Bahia, about a block and a half from Casa Mexicana. To me, you won't go wrong with any of them, depends on how much you want to spend. Have a great trip!

El Cantil is awesome (Love the infinity pool and any dive Op can pick you up right out front..) and you have Prima on top which has great breakfast, lunch and dinner... You are an easy walk to Mega for any shopping needs, as well as plenty of other shops and restaurants.

It is possible that after staying at El Cantil, you may never return to the Presidente. Of course, it all depends on what floats your boat.

the only one of the 3 which i have stayed at is the casa mex and i like it.

Keep in mind that the studio at El Cantil is only a bedroom and bathroom with a view of town, most likely Chedraui. It has no kitchen, living room or sea views. The building is beautiful the pool is fantastic and it has a dock. Many ops can pick you up there. We have rented at El Cantil and enjoyed the beautiful view most of all. Unfortunately, the studio does not allow you access to that view.

Thanks for the info Judy. I was assuming a place at El Cantil with a living room and kitchen.

My choice would be for El Cantil. You will have a better view of the ocean and it would be more quiet. The others have the street between the you and the water. If you do stay at the others, try to get a room as high up as you can to get above the power lines.

JMO. Others may not care about those issues.

Good luck and have a nice time.

PH

Back
Top Bottom