Egg case??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrackaFish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Am trying to ID The shiny object embedded in the coral. This was at Cayman Brac in about 20 feet. Was about one inch across. Have seen several over the years but have be unable to find out what they are and am getting tired of referring to them as “Those shiny things”. As always Thanks in advance.

upload_2020-3-17_7-13-57.jpeg

@BrackaFish what are your plans now that the Cayman airports are closing? Are you planning to leave or have you decided to become "stranded" on Cayman Brac?

Yes, a bubble algae. Each bubble is a single cell making it one of the largest single cell organisms.

A single cell. Very interesting. Being algae is it considered a problem or not something to worry about?

@BrackaFish what are your plans now that the Cayman airports are closing? Are you planning to leave or have you decided to become "stranded" on Cayman Brac?

My wife is a manager at a hospital, so she is flying back this Saturday as planned. My youngest son is down with us and while he has an extra week off from school, we decided not to chance him missing any more school so he is flying back on Saturday also. As for me, well I have spoken with the owner of the house where we stay and he said to stay as long as I like. As you know the population of the Brac is low so I am about as safe here as anywhere. I spoke with one of the owners of Brac Scuba Shack and they will be open a couple of hours a day, no boat diving but I can get tanks for shore diving. So today’s plan is for me to stay. Being retired has some wonderful advantages as you will discover.

Back
Top Bottom