Edward Maddison, Bikini Atoll Divemaster

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bakodiver391

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Those of you lucky enough to have dived Bikini Atoll with divemaster Edward Maddison will be saddened to learn that he succumbed to a series of heart attacks and died in Majuro, Marshall Islands March 29, 2020. He will be sorely missed by all who knew him.

Fantastic person and guide. I made four trips to Bikini over 10 years, and dove with Edward on all of them. Thanks to him for all the help over the years.

Those of you lucky enough to have dived Bikini Atoll with divemaster Edward Maddison will be saddened to learn that he succumbed to a series of heart attacks and died in Majuro, Marshall Islands March 29, 2020. He will be sorely missed by all who knew him.

Saddened, yes!!!! My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

I initially met Edward on a visit to Bikini before it opened for tourist diving when I first went there to train the operators (Fabio and Matt and Edward at the time) in 'technical diving'. As many others did circa that time, Edward pretty much looked on nitrox and the like as voodoo gas (at first), and the TTP's as 'rather odd', but he came around (as everyone everywhere did).

Be that as it may, he was a stellar person and a great diver, and nothing was too much trouble for him. No doubt many many divers had a fantastic Bikini experience because of him, and had a blast diving with him.

Long may you run Edward, although a little fellow you were a giant in my eyes!

In-Memory-Of-Edward.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom