Editing/combining dives in log?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stoo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
So, I was doing a shallow little photo dive on the weekend (client wanted a shot for a postcard of a wreck I don't normally dive). Max depth was 21'! I surfaced a couple of times during the dive for an "over/under" shot, and I don't think I was up top for more than 3 or 4 minutes.

When I downloaded my dives that night, that particular dive shows up as three separate dives. Any of my previous computers basically ignored a surface interval of less than 10 minutes and combined these "separate" dives into one.

It's not a big deal, and I do about 2 of these dives a year, but is there some setting or a way to edit these dives in the log function (other than to delete some of them, and renumber the remaining one?

Does the "Rec Mode" handle these dives any differently?

---------- Post added July 14th, 2014 at 01:24 PM ----------

So being the impatient type I am, I sent SW an email just after I posted this. Fifteen minutes later, I received this reply from Lynn...

"All you have to do is adjust the End Dive Delay setting in your Petrel. It is adjustable from 60 seconds - 600 seconds (default is 60 secs). You find that in System Setting, Advanced Config, Adv. Config 1 - End Dive Delay.

Unfortunately, there is no way to adjust the dive log to make your downloaded dives appear as 1."

Awesome service, as seems to be the norm!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom