Edisto Beach Inlet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikerault

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone tried or heard of anyone trying the Edisto Beach inlet? Maybe as a drift dive? I was there a couple of weeks ago and watched the fish, dolphins and sharks in the water and figured it must be loaded with sealife. I was going to try a shore dive but had no buddy and the current looked a bit much.

Mike

Did you ever find any info on diving the inlet? I camped at the park several times, several years ago, and I'm looking for a good reason to go back. We loved the park, but we've gotten OW certified since then, and basically, if we're at the beach, we have to be near diving. I researched it, but found nothing about diving the area. I might even be willing to go there and try diving it with you if you're interested!

Nope, not a word. It looked like it had a pretty ripping current at times, but I thought maybe a drift dive would work. It would all depend on visibility. I wouldn't want to be drifting along in limited viz and have the sharks decide to take a friendly nip to see if I was edible or not!

My wife and I were talking yesterday about going back there somtime soon to go camping at the park. If I get there anytime soon, I will try and see what the current and vis are like. I figure we might be able to dive around the tides to help minimize the current, but I don't know what river feeds it either, so there might just be too much water coming out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom