Edge Hog Tech fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scotttyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anyone used the Edge Hog Tec fins? how do they compare to Jetfins, seem like a decent price (includes spring straps) which usually means you get what you pay for, but just curious.

Its just a standard rubber jet fin out the east, a few of the bigger Eastern distributors (like Saekodive) sell the exact same product with a rubber strap but the spring strap as an extra.

We buy these same fins for our commercial use and they are very robust, you just wont wear these out, but also quite heavy.

Only problem is the foot pocket is very small and they are generally only available in L, XL and XXL, so if you are looking to buy one on line take the XXL which will fit a boot size 10 or 11 - if you have a bigger boot you may find this foot pocket not very suitable. XL is generally fine for size 8/9 and smaller boot size than that is large.

Personally, I feel the spring straps are a bit of a let down, this fin is designed for working divers,and in my opinion adds unnecessary cost to the fin.
We only use the standard rubber strap and to be honest, I cant remember when last I replaced one, and these fins are used daily.

Its just a standard rubber jet fin out the east, a few of the bigger Eastern distributors (like Saekodive) sell the exact same product with a rubber strap but the spring strap as an extra.

We buy these same fins for our commercial use and they are very robust, you just wont wear these out, but also quite heavy.

Only problem is the foot pocket is very small and they are generally only available in L, XL and XXL, so if you are looking to buy one on line take the XXL which will fit a boot size 10 or 11 - if you have a bigger boot you may find this foot pocket not very suitable. XL is generally fine for size 8/9 and smaller boot size than that is large.

Personally, I feel the spring straps are a bit of a let down, this fin is designed for working divers,and in my opinion adds unnecessary cost to the fin.
We only use the standard rubber strap and to be honest, I cant remember when last I replaced one, and these fins are used daily.

I wear size 10.5, my dry suit boots (Pinnacle) are 11, I would assume I would go with an XXL, from what I see with the jet fins I am between sizes XL and XXL (I have heard this is a common problem).

They are really an excellent fin. Slightly negative (like most solid neoprene fins are), but great power and useability. I like the spring strap on them as a standard feature.

Easily comparable to the Jetfins, as well as the Hollis fins and the OMS slipstreams.

I've gotten good reviews from tech and cave divers, and they love them.

Yeah, Scotttyd, take the XXL especially using a dry suit. Even then you may find the fin feels a bit small in that unlike a convential fin your foot wont go all the way in but just midway.

Good tough fins, I think you will like em.

I also have a pair I picked up because they are only $70 bucks with the springs attached. You could pay $70 just for the springs for the Jets if you have that money to blow then the Jets would be fine.

If you want to save get the HOGS, by the way I weighed each fin and they are -3.0 lbs each fin, if memory serves me, I posted pictures of it as I compared them to my Atomic split fins.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom