Eddy fins squashing toes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeepSeaPirate

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I haven't had a chance to try my new Large eddy fins wet yet. But while wearing them dry I noticed they would squash my toes into the end which would become quite uncomfortable and I imagine by the end of a dive a bit painful.
I'm wear size 11 soft sole wetsuit booties but would not want to size up to the XL eddys as there is a bit of room on each side of my feet in the foot pocket of the L already. The springs were at the default loosest selection so I couldn't loosen the spring straps either
What worked for me was removing the heel padding completely. I put the black webbing on for aesthetics and less chance of entanglement and the little bit of extra room has made them quite comfortable now

I won't know if this has completely solved my issue until I can dive them but I'm hopeful.

I do think my Mares Avanti Quattro have a more comfortable foot pocket due to the soft rubber on the top half of the foot pocket. It conforms around the foot a lot nicer and I think they have more room at the toes. But the Eddys are 1 material compared to the 2 (rubber and plastic I believe) of the Mares.

I see a few people were posting saying they had issues with toes being squashed so I thought I would make this thread incase anyone in the future had this issue and didn't think about the heel pad removal yet.

I had a similar problem. Switching to a thicker, heavier boot helped

I have a 10.5 foot (size 10 bootie) and had the same issue when I initially bought the large size. Also, the foot pocket had a pressure point that pressed on the top of my foot against the bone. I exchanged for an XL and that fixed the issue. These fins don't have to be tight because of the stiffness of the foot pocket. I wear mine kinda loose and I do all finning techniques just fine except for an explosive flutter (I can't remember the last time I used a flutter kick on a real dive though...) TBH I am not crazy about the new foot pocket as my F1's are way more comfortable but that is due to the softer material in the foot pocket. The Eddys are a very hard plastic foot pocket. I would say try the XL. Deep6 even though they're experiencing some heavy growing pains will give you very good personalize support and will exchange them quickly. I don't know where you are located but if you are in S. Florida I can let you try out my XL's. Also, If with the XL's they have too much wiggle then get a boot with a sneaker type sole ( I use the DGX booties and they fit great).

Also, the foot pocket had a pressure point that pressed on the top of my foot against the bone.
I have been experiencing this same thing. Never get it on my mares avanti quattro as they have the softer rubber for that part of the footpocket so I might have to go back to them. I know if I went to a harder rock boot I wouldn't get this problem but I like my softer booties.
The eddys are nice but maybe a little bit over hyped by this forum.

I have been experiencing this same thing. Never get it on my mares avanti quattro as they have the softer rubber for that part of the footpocket so I might have to go back to them. I know if I went to a harder rock boot I wouldn't get this problem but I like my softer booties.
The eddys are nice but maybe a little bit over hyped by this forum.

I went one size up and now I'm very happy and the pressure is gone

Back
Top Bottom