Ecologic Divers trip report from AC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bohun51

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
April 18 28 I enjoyed wonderful days in sunny AC.
My first step was to identify a dive shop for snorkeling (with my non-diving wife) and diving by interviewing a few local dive shops. The first dive center on my short list (I did my research by reading previous posts on SB) was Aqua Dives. From their flyer I chose #4, a Ž½ day snorkeling tour to Hol Chan Marine and Shark Ray Alley for $25 US. After talking with someone behind the desk (looked to me like the owner of this dive shop) I booked a snorkeling trip for the two of us. When I paid, I was informed that I must pay the 10% GS tax plus $10 p/p park fee. What I later learned was that this information was very clearly stated in flyers from other dive shops, so I felt very misled. The lesson I learned was that I would not ever use this dive center again.
The second dive center on my list was Amigos Del Mar. I didn't talk with the operator of this center but with divers who just finished 2 dives. They told me that the dive master was" too loose"and started the boat engine when the divers were still in the water. That was enough for me to look for a different shop.
My next stop was Ecologic Divers. After talking with Steve, the owner, I knew this was a very friendly place where you are not a $ sign but a valued customer and friend.
I went on 3 two-tank dives and a night dive with DM Marcos (thank you Marcos you are the man!). I had a great experience, felt very safe, and delighted that Marcos shared his extensive knowledge of ocean life with me all along the way.
Business is very slow in San Pedro at this time. For me this was an advantage because there were a small number of divers on each dive this was not only true of the dives I went on but it seemed that all of the dive shops had small groups of divers. Sometimes it was only Marcos and me what a treat!
I had a great experience with Ecologic Divers and highly recommend this first class dive center. Many thanks to Marcos, Poncho, Junior, Shelley, and Steve for a wonderful experience. Hope to see you again sometime.

Last edited:
My wife and I just came back from AC. We were there from 4/25 thru 5/2. We did 3 days of 2 tank dives and a night dive with Ecoclogic.We had Charlie and JR. as our dive masters. But Marcos was on the boat with us several times. Steve does have a first class operation, we were very pleased with the way we were treated. We did a trip to Turneffe with Amigos Del Mar, and 4 of the divers from Ecologic arranged to bring Marcos along. Not sure how that was done, but anyway. On the boat ride out to Turneffe the boat captain shut down the engines and started yelling whale shark. Marcos was the first one in the water with a borrowed camera. 5 of us followed behind, it was a small whale shark, maybe 12 to 15 feet long. Marcos managed to take some great pictures of this little guy. Seeing this whale shark was the highlight of the day. Along with the dolphins, and the great reefs, and the good company on the boat, and on and on.
All in all in was a great trip, and will return.

Ecologic has a first class operation and they set the standards for a lot of dive operations on San Pedro. Steve has a very customer friendly personality and he definitely tries to give excellent customer satisfaction. I know him and several of his staff personally and they are all dedicated and hard working individuals.

does anyone have a good email address for them? I have sent several emails and never heard back

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom