Eclipse Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cacia

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I love the BC, have had it three years, and have the webbing all dialed in just right.

If I have to hike to a shore line entry OR stand on the back when doing timed drift drops off the back of the boat, "combat diving" as we call it....my blood supply gets cut off in my shoulder area. I get very light headed. I haven't asked about this before, it is a little embarrassing as I am a known fainter topside all my life. Still, I feel the blood is getting cut off to my head and I have tried moving the webbing out to my shoulder area a bit. (It feels like it is on my sub-clavien artery).

Does anyone else ever have this sensation? Can anyone think of a solution? Absolutely not a problem in the water, at all.

I don't think it's an Eclipse issue as I was getting a similar feeling when I'd wear doubles with deco. My arm would start to go nunmb after a bit. So far, I've swapped out my harness for a stiffer one and will see how that does.

catherine96821:
I love the BC, have had it three years, and have the webbing all dialed in just right.

If I have to hike to a shore line entry OR stand on the back when doing timed drift drops off the back of the boat, "combat diving" as we call it....my blood supply gets cut off in my shoulder area. I get very light headed. I haven't asked about this before, it is a little embarrassing as I am a known fainter topside all my life. Still, I feel the blood is getting cut off to my head and I have tried moving the webbing out to my shoulder area a bit. (It feels like it is on my sub-clavien artery).

Does anyone else ever have this sensation? Can anyone think of a solution? Absolutely not a problem in the water, at all.

It's a bit of work, and you need some new webbing, but I'd try crossing the shoulder straps. When crossed the straps will hit you in a new spot.

This will also drop the plate down your back ~1-1.5 inches.

Tobin

catherine96821,

Same thing here that's why, I second Tobin's idea of droping the plate down an inch or so although, I don't cross the straps.

Either that or find a plate is more comfortable. I tried the Oxycheq medium plate and it's much more comfortable than my Halcyon.

The Halcyon at it's most narrow measurement between the shoulder straps is bout 55mm and my oms is at 60mm while the Oxycheq is way wider at about 100mm.

Tobin's and Patrick's plate have an additional angled slot that allows the strap to bend more naturally with your shoulders reducing this pinching effect.

SangP

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom