Eclipse Cam Straps PROBLEM

Ever had this happen to you

• Yes

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm wondering if you have the buckles threaded correctly. I've never had a similar problem with them and I never bother wetting the straps. (I have seen a tank slip over the course of multiple dives, but it was always the case that the straps had not even adjusted properly to begin with or the buckle wasn't threaded properly, certainly not something that happened in the course of a single dive.)
I'm wondering if you have the buckles threaded correctly. I've never had a similar problem with them and I never bother wetting the straps. (I have seen a tank slip over the course of multiple dives, but it was always the case that the straps had not even adjusted properly to begin with or the buckle wasn't threaded properly, certainly not something that happened in the course of a single dive.)
I have tried multiple ways of threading and neither myself nor my dad can figure it out, and a cam band is self explanatory. The cam band is too long or something as if it was meant to fit a bigger tank

I have tried multiple ways of threading and neither myself nor my dad can figure it out, and a cam band is self explanatory. The cam band is too long or something as if it was meant to fit a bigger tank

the bands are adjustable to accommodate different tank sizes and there is only one way to thread them properly.

please watch this video, thread it this way, and you should be fine

Update: went to a dive shop on holidays to go diving.
I was “trying” to thread straps and one of the instructors immediately spotted it and showed me how to thread them instantly.

I didn’t realise I had to bend the straps back for the first thread and then thread it normally.

Such a basic problem but that’s how people learn.

I'd change the thread title. You trashed the product when you simply didn't know how to use it.

Nothing wrong with using available resources and learning basic stuff, but bad form to throw a well-respected manufacturer under the bus because you didn't know what you were doing.

I'd change the thread title. You trashed the product when you simply didn't know how to use it.

Nothing wrong with using available resources and learning basic stuff, but bad form to throw a well-respected manufacturer under the bus because you didn't know what you were doing.
How do you change the name

Should be a "thread tools" button close to the top of the thread. Change title is one of the option. Alternatively, if you can't find it or it won't let you change it, click the "report" link at the bottom of one of your posts and it will report the thread to an admin. You can ask to change the thread title in the box that pops up.

get the cam bands wet before you put the rig on the tank. Nylon stretches quite a bit when it is wet.
Once the bands are wet, then put on the tank, tighten the bands and before you thread the last slot in the cam band, cam it half-way over so it is locked. Then thread the webbing in the last slot and cam it the rest of the way over.
I've been using Halcyon cam bands for nearly a decade and have never had that problem, but you do have to get them wet to get the bands to stretch a bit before you put it on the tank
I found out myself that wetting the straps doesn’t make a difference

Back
Top Bottom