Ebay Drysuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick L:
Hi
I just bought this drysuit on ebay for a little under 300$ shipping included.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7176241640
Any thoughts on it good deal? bad deal?
All comments welcome
Rick L

Uh, OK.

I bought my drysuit off of eBay. As you know, I buy almost everything off of eBay. That said, its only a great deal (no matter what the price):

A) if it fits properly

B) if it functions properly (inflates on demand, vents properly)

C) keeps you dry.

Price isn't the issue with eBay - it never is. Its about value. Did you get a good deal? Dunno. Does it fit? Does it function? Is it dry? If so, rock on - you probably got a great deal, then. If it can't do those three simple things, any price you paid is too much.

I love eBay.

---
Ken

2nd hand, unseen, you've got faith, good luck. You've got 2 types of 2nd hand dive kit on sale virtually unused, or worn out.

Hi
True about ebay but ive done real good so far!
The size the seller gives of himself is 1/2 inch taller than me.
and 2 pants sizes bigger than me!
says 8 to 10 shoe size i wear 9 1/2s
Ive been diving dry since 1989 the old dui trilam has seen better days.
Ive allways wanted a unisuit they are tough suits.
From the pictures and email ive recieved the suit looks like its in good condition.
If it needs valves or seals they are easily found and replaced!
I never liked attached hoods so thats not a big deal(I cut the one off my viking)
cant wait to get and dive the suit!!!
Rick L

I'm an Ebayer as well but there is great risk in buying a suit online. You can't tell from the pictures if the zipper or seals are any good. It may be a great deal but for me personally I would not buy a used drysuit from Ebay. I hope it is a good working suit for you.

--Matt

I'm an Ebayer as well, and so far everything I've bought has been honestly advertised. The guy you bought from has 13 reviews, all positive, so chances are you'll receive the drysuit in the condition advertised.

I think it's important to just read the seller's reviews - I personally avoid people with 0 reviews, or unhappy customers - and read the item describtion carefully. Sometimes people aren't sure about what they are selling, so you can't be sure about what you will be getting.

I agree!
I also emailed him some questions.
asked if it included a lp hose (it does)
And did it leak(he says it never did)
Ive got a lot of stuff off ebay all where as advertised so far(I allways read feedback)
Some ebuys
Apollo av-1 850$ looked brand new.
dive rite wreck light 200$ like new
sherwood wisdom computer 450$ brand new
voit 50cf steel tank 8$ passed hydro and vip
And tons of small things have only been burned on a dvd so far!
hope my good luck holds out!!!!!
Like I said ive allways wanted a unisuit.
Rick L

If it doesnt leak and not too baggy under water then its a great deal even if all you need are to replace the neck and ankle seals. The Zipper should be a concern.

Back
Top Bottom