ebay and paypal rant

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Postal money order, there's no confusion.

From what I understand Ebay only does that to new users for a couple of sales, until you have proven yourself a trust worthy seller. The purchaser has to acknowledge receipt of product by leaving positive feedback. After a couple of sales it goes away.

Maybe you should be thanking Ebay/paypal for not allowing rip off artists the easiest forms of theft. The quick money grabs, then closing all accounts and opening a new one under a different sellers name.

Then there are some buyers that still believe they can return the item if they dont like it even thus it was used to begin with, I am not a merchant. During a Garage sale there are also no returns.

There you have it. Ebay/paypal is targeting merchants not garage salers.

paypal still has not mailed my check. I don't keep any financial data with them as they are not a bank and I don't trust them.

You don't trust them but they should trust you? Paypal is a means of electronic payment and they want to operate electronically. You need to go electronic all the way (link your account and transfer funds) or stick to paper all the way (get mailed checks and deposit to your bank). This one-foot-in-the-door half and half is never going to work well and will likely be eliminated as an option at some point.

We have not had a similar problem as of late, but have been selling on e-bay for many years and prefer Pay-Pal. We also have a 100% rating. I do not consider us a merchant however and post that returns are not an option. These are 2nd hand items that we sell. Good luck! I hope it gets worked out.

I have found that since Paypal has suspended my account I am much happier. I now deal with Ebay sellers who accept credit cards on their SSL, or I buy from Amazon. Or, I call the sender and work an arrangement with check or PMO. Those who sell on Ebay and don't leave any way to contact them or don't return messages left with Ebay are not vendors, as far as I'm concerned, and I don't really want to buy from a yard saler. And I never ever ever leave feedback.

Back
Top Bottom