Eating in and out in Provo, Turks and Caicos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Codeman00

Contributor
Reaction score
We are headed to Provo in July (staying at Ocean Club West) and knowing that everything is expensive, can anyone give any tips on cost cutting measure in regards to eating? We really have no problem eating "groceries" from the store for breakfast and lunch like we did in Grand Cayman...but every once in awhile, we'll eat out for lunch and usually always for dinner.

There were some recommendations in another thread about some restaurants in Provo..can anyone give me a list of a few lower cost dining options? I assume grocery stores are available to stock the fridge. Any tips and options are appreciated.

We stayed at Ocean Club West last August (returning again this August :)) in a Jr Deluxe (Full kitchen)

There are some bicycles (with baskets) at the front office for guest use. You can walk (~15 minutes) or ride (~5 minutes) to the local grocery (Graceway). The prices really were higher than I'm used to (from TX) but my wife thought they were reasonable (from NYC). We bought breakfast foods and drinks. We packed pancake mix in our luggage. We usually had cereal, fruit, eggs, and/or pancakes for breakfast.

The grill at OCW has good food and is reasonably priced.

We ate at Bella Luna's one night - won't be going back. the food was ok but over-priced (my wife's Italian).

The one place we didn't get to try (but WILL this August) is Hemingway's.

There are also grills in the center island of the lazy river at OCW that we saw people grilling steaks on. The grills are available for guests (I didn't check to see if charcoal or gas but didn't smell the characteristic charcoal smell).

Enjoy your visit!!

Good deal...glad to hear our vacation is on the right track. Now I know that a grocery store is an option...that will work for most breakfasts and lunches. I'm also glad to hear that the OCW Grill will be good for a lunch here and there....perfect.

Can anyone suggest a list of reasonable but good places to eat in and around Provo? I don't mind dining out in the evening but I want to keep it reasonable too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom