Easy way to hang fins for storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gzscuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I came up with a rather useful way to hang my fins, so I thought that I'd share. My wife and I hang our gear from a metal rod in a closet. In the case of fins, this meant that we had to unhook the fin strap, and hook the strap around the rod. This is easier for some fins than others, and really doesn't work for some fins, like my wife's new Jetfins.

We found that Home Depot is carrying monster-sized Carabiners going by the name Hang-Alls. These things are big enough to easily slip the straps for a pair of fins in them, and make hanging and retrieving the fins a lot easier. Hope someone finds this useful.

I would never hang my fins by their rubber straps for storage. I know that's how many shops stack them but this will create future early failure points over a long period.
I always loosen the rubber straps so they are not under any tension and there are no forced curves. I store all our family's fins laid flat in the dive bags.

For my gear drying and storage, I've built a wall of closet-maid accessories into my garage. The fins slip easily between the slats of the shelves, allowing them to drain, while not putting any stress on the fin straps. Hope this helps.

Agreed. Don't hang em'. I also turn mine upside down to dry and lay flat to store.

I hang mine by the straps, but I also removed the rubber straps and replaced them with bungees - so if they break, I cut a new piece of bungee and off I go again :wink:

I have nails on a board inside the bed of my truck that I hang all my fins from... been working fine for nearly a year now :D

Aloha, Tim

Back
Top Bottom