Easy and inexpensive North Florida dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paperdesk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm looking for a few good dive sites I can take my newly certified 12-year-old to in the Gainesville area.

We may do rainbow River, Ginnie Springs, or Devil's Den, but I'm also just looking for some interested places we can go to multiple times to get him some more bottom time and practice skills without paying a lot.

Thanks!

Ted

Orange grove, Troy springs, Royal springs are low cost options.

Ginnie Springs and Blue Grotto are ~$35/$40

Also Alexander Springs

...Also Alexander Springs
I think Alexander springs is $6.75?
Very cheap, 25 ft deep, crystal clear and an excellent place to do skills.

Pending water clarity the Sante Fe river.We launch a canoe upriver from Ginnie and drift for hours on two tanks. Takes two vehicles to pull off but buddies can be found.

Awesome response guys, thanks! I'm checking out every suggestion!

Anyone know if there is a diving fee at Troy, Royal, or Orange Grove? Reading old posts online I can't tell for sure if there is a current fee or not. If there is a fee, does the FL parks pass cover that? The parks websites don['t list any diving fees.

The State parks just charge the entry fee. There are no extra fees for diving that I am aware of unless you rent a canoe / kayak to get to some locations

There is also OW diving a Manatee Springs, but I think they still have a daily cap/limit, so go early or call in advance

The State parks just charge the entry fee. There are no extra fees for diving that I am aware of unless you rent a canoe / kayak to get to some locations

Ok, thanks! I read about a $15 dive fee somewhere. Maybe they used to do that.

Ted

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom