Eastern Tennessee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nobody showed up......

???

We met a little after 11, as planned. Waited by the office for 15-20 minutes. Jimi had a chest cold, so he didn't dive. The rest of us (7) had two AWESOME dives. Then went for some grub and drinks.

I want to Thank all the guys who came out and made us feel so very welcome. It was like diving wit my buds back home. If your ever in the Tampa/Clearwater area you have a personal tour guide.

I look forward to the 2nd Annual Freeze Your Butt Off After Turkeyday Dive!

I will post pictures later today.

Nobody showed up......

Did you go to LLM or Philly? We were all at the LLM gate at 11:00. Got the paperwork out of the way and it appeared that everyone had good dives except me, (effin' flu nailed me Thanksgiving Day, but I went there regardless). I was hoping it would clear long enough to dive, but I'm not that lucky!:depressed:

:confused:
You have GOT to be kidding!
I will be passing through in March. Would love to get together with some folks and dive, dive, dive!
Cold weather, no problems! :D

PM me before you come through and I'll see what I can stir up again. :D

Last edited:
Glad everyone had a good time. Wish I could have dived with everyone. The flu hit a little harder after we left Ruby's, started chilling and was feverish by the time I got home. My ribs feel like I've been trampled by a herd of buffaloes. The paddlefish were very cooperative from everyones description; they swarmed the divers like park pigeons, minus the poop. :D
Everyone, I really enjoyed your company, and am glad to have met you. Ain't a SB'er I've met that I haven't liked! I'll post the pics I took if they come out OK (POS cheap 35mm camera) and I need to get out today and take pics of rain to use up the roll of film.:doh2:

III, next time I'm down near Tampa/Clearwater, I'll take you up on the offer.

Junkman, "THANK YOU", take care, stay safe, and come home soon. :42:

I got back in time to watch the VOLS streak against Kentucky continue, at 23 or 24 straight victories I believe?

PM me before you come through and I'll see what I can stir up again.

I'll be passing through Memphis, Nashville, and Knoxville areas. Are any of those places familiar? :D

Will be in Knoxville most of the time. My dad lives there. After flying halfway around the globe no place will be TOO far away! :D

Plus the water will be much warmer there than it is here.

My biggest concern is what gear I can obtain there. I know I'll want to bring me own mask but don't want to bring anything else if I can get away from it because I am leaving through Europe and they have a 1-piece of check luggage at only 45 lbs limit. Yikes! I pack light, but ... I HAVE to bring a suit or 2, so, that doesn't leave much room for Scuba gear on a 1-month 5 state whirlwind tour! :D

TNTrip112008101.jpg

The elusive PaddleFish of LochLowMinn

TNTrip112008096.jpg

TNTrip112008157.jpg

Allen--a scubaboard lurker

TNTrip112008118.jpg

John1bl

TNTrip112008125.jpg

Junkman7777

TNTrip112008065.jpg

Suck it up!!!

TNTrip112008072.jpg

Neoprene monsters!!!

Wish I could have been there. Glad you all had a great time. Next year count me in. Been sick since Wed so I could not have gone into the water anyway :(
I know what ya mean. It sucked!:depressed:

I'll be passing through Memphis, Nashville, and Knoxville areas. Are any of those places familiar? :D

Will be in Knoxville most of the time. My dad lives there. After flying halfway around the globe no place will be TOO far away! :D

Plus the water will be much warmer there than it is here.

My biggest concern is what gear I can obtain there. I know I'll want to bring me own mask but don't want to bring anything else if I can get away from it because I am leaving through Europe and they have a 1-piece of check luggage at only 45 lbs limit. Yikes! I pack light, but ... I HAVE to bring a suit or 2, so, that doesn't leave much room for Scuba gear on a 1-month 5 state whirlwind tour! :D

There are quarries near Knoxville and Nashville that I am aware of. They are approximately an hour away from the respective cities. I'm not really familiar with Fred's winter hours at Marthas (Nashville area & a nice quarry).
LLM is near Knoxville and was the subject of this thread. It is not officially open in March, but Stacy and Rick are Gems when it comes to accomodating their customers. There are shops in Knoxville that rent gear and LLM "may" be able to help with gear. There is also 2 shops in Chattanooga that rent gear. Just holler back at me a couple weeks in advance of your visit.

Thanks for the pics! Now where is SamBuoy :popcorn:

Sam is a warm water diver. She froze in Blue Grotto with a 5-4-3 on. So needless to say she had no intrest in diving the sub artic temps of Eastern Tennessee in the Winter. She was however there as shore support w/Jimi (Irish Squid). We went to Gatlinburg after the dives, heres some pics of that fer ya!

smokys004.jpg

Thats a Rowdy lookin bunch o cow pokes!

smokys003.jpg

I like bears

smokys001.jpg

Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

smokys002.jpg

Lets go back to the loch and warm up!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom