Eastern Tennessee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be in the area during that time so would like to meet up with everyone for the dive. Is there going to a place to rent tanks for both dive sites? I will be traveling and don't want to trade the space for tanks. Thanks.

They should have everything you will need to rent there. I still haven't spoken to anyone at the loch. I have left numerous messages w/no response. Will try again today.

I will be in the area at that time and would like meet up with everyone to dive. I donÃÕ want to take my tanks to TN so is there going to place rent tanks at both sites?

Where are you from junk? Don't see much on your profile. Would be nice if you filled in a little info, so we know your experience level at least.

Junk there are several dive shops in Knoxville. I will need to rent gear at one of them before I can jump in.

I have all my gear I just donÃÕ want to drag my tanks to TN with me. I will be going with several other people so I donÃÕ have a lot of room in the trunk. I have been to Loc Low Min once before so IÃÎ not worried about getting air or gear there. If everyone decides to dive the quarry in Philadelphia, I may have problems trying to rent tanks.

I guess the big question is has anyone been able contact Loc Low Min to see if they will able to help us out? I plan on driving up at the beginning next week so if no one can contact them maybe IÃÍl drive over there.

OK folks, I talked with Stacy at LLM today. She is leaving out of town this Friday for a week and won't be traveling back into the area until Saturday (Nov.29)
As mentioned previously, this is not their normal "Open Season" and diving requires an appointment. I have good news and potential bad news:
Stacy will let us dive. She trusts me to verify certs. and collect the waivers/fees, and we will all need to meet at the gate at pretty much the same time to get in and we all have to leave at the same time. I don't see this as an insurmountabe obstacle. She is trying to locate someone who can take care of air-fills, rentals, etc., but so far no luck. If Stacy can't find anyone, then we are on our own for gear and air. I don't know if the local shops are open Friday or Saturday, but some folks on here have mentioned their shops may be.
I'm not sure what the weather forecast is yet, as that's too far out for this area.
I will be talking with Stacy again this week for an update of how many people we expect, what time we will meet at the gate to gain entrance, and I'll see if the bath/changing room can be unlocked. It normally isn't this time of the year. If you can get the waiver from their webpage and have it ready when you arrive, it will help get us in the water quicker. I will bring extras just in case.
It's been a month since I've been under water and I am stoked about meeting everyone. :)

I'm starting this list to get an idea of how many may be going. Once we get this down a little tighter to a real go, I will PM everyone my cell number. Just add your name to the list:

Irishsquid (Jimi)

OK folks, I talked with Stacy at LLM today.

Stacy will let us dive. She trusts me to verify certs. and collect the waivers/fees, and we will all need to meet at the gate at pretty much the same time to get in and we all have to leave at the same time.

It's been a month since I've been under water and I am stoked about meeting everyone. :)

Thanks Squid. We will be bringing everything we need so its not a problem for us. Don't care about the weather, would make for some cool pics if we have to wear snowshoes to get to the dive site.:cool2:

I'm starting this list to get an idea of how many may be going. Once we get this down a little tighter to a real go, I will PM everyone my cell number. Just add your name to the list:

Irishsquid (Jimi)

Irishsquid (Jimi)
ScubAnn (Ann)
III (Donny)
John1bl (John)

Thanks Squid. We will be bringing everything we need so its not a problem for us. Don't care about the weather, would make for some cool pics if we have to wear snowshoes to get to the dive site.:cool2:

Irishsquid (Jimi)
ScubAnn (Ann)
III (Donny)
John1bl (John)

Heck yeah, I don't care if it's snowing!

I plan on being there. Rhea's Diving is open on Friday and Saturday but not open until 11am on Saturday. I should have a waiver on file with them already.

Irishsquid (Jimi)
ScubAnn (Ann)
III (Donny)
John1bl (John)
MasterFritts (Bernie)
Same here!

Thanks folks. I'll keep monitoring this thread and we can set a time to meet so I can let Stacy know.

Back
Top Bottom