Easier way to use quotes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pavao

Contributor
Reaction score
What is the easiest way to multi-quote from the same post?
Currently what I do is copy/paste the quote part ([...]) from a "reply with quote" in the quick reply section.

And how do I quote 2 posts to have them appear as a quote within a quote?

Ignore this part here, it's just a test on another question I had, but found the answer here

Thanks
Pavao

The last icon in the Quick Reply window toolbar (looks like a white quote box) is Quote. It also shows up in the Advanced Editor toolbar.

So to multi-quote what I do is copy the text I plan to quote - either using Reply with Quote or cut/paste if I don't care if I lose the original posters attribution - then cut it up into sections, highlight each section and hit the quote icon.

To multiquote across posts in your reply the last icon in the lower right corner of the original post is Multi-Quote This Message (hover over it to see the caption). It looks like a quote box with a +. Click it and a Green check will appear. Click it repeatedly on each post you wish to Multi-Quote then hit Reply with Quote after selecting the last one - they'll all be quoted for editing together in a new reply window.

At least that's how I think it works - if it doesn't lmk and I'll figure it out and post better instructions.

You can also manually quote using [quote]text here[/quote] tags in your post.

For purposes of this example^ I'm displaying the quote tags nomally all you'd see is:

text here

To stack quotes within quotes just quote each section individually. Quote the whole section first then select the specific text you want to quote individually. Again for clarity I'm showing the quote tags first.

[QUOTE]To stack [QUOTE]quotes within quotes[/QUOTE] just quote each section individually. [/QUOTE]

To stack
quotes within quotes
just quote each section individually.

Ty diversteve, testing now...

The last icon in the Quick Reply window toolbar (looks like a white quote box) is Quote. It also shows up in the Advanced Editor toolbar.

So to multi-quote what I do is copy the text I plan to quote - either using Reply with Quote or cut/paste if I don't care if I lose the original posters attribution - then cut it up into sections, highlight each section and hit the quote icon.
To multiquote across posts in your reply the last icon in the lower right corner of the original post is Multi-Quote This Message (hover over it to see the caption). It looks like a quote box with a +. Click it and a Green check will appear. Click it repeatedly on each post you wish to Multi-Quote then hit Reply with Quote after selecting the last one - they'll all be quoted for editing together in a new reply window.

At least that's how I think it works - if it doesn't lmk and I'll figure it out and post better instructions.

You can also manually quote using tags in your post.

For purposes of this example^ I'm displaying the quote tags nomally all you'd see is:

To stack quotes within quotes just quote each section individually. Quote the whole section first then select the specific text you want to quote individually. Again for clarity I'm showing the quote tags first.

---------- Post added February 26th, 2014 at 02:49 PM ----------

Stacking quote test...

Currently what I do is copy/paste the quote part ([...]) from a "reply with quote" in the quick reply section.

Ignore this part here, it's just a test on another question I had, but found the answer here

Thanks
Pavao

---------- Post added February 26th, 2014 at 02:59 PM ----------

Hmm, what I wanted to do is quote my question and your answer stacked.

But I learned how to quickly quote sentences tho

---------- Post added February 26th, 2014 at 03:01 PM ----------

I suspect this will end up with 3 quotes stacked

Thanks
Pavao

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom