Early February diving, whale sharks, Philippines or Thailand?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wandererlaowai

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello guys,

It's me again asking for advice!

Have about 8-10 days early February and considering to go diving again, either Philippines or Thailand.

I'd like to see (whether during dives or snorkeling) some whale sharks, and other big and macro.

If Thailand, I'm considering Similan / Andaman islands
If Philippines, I've checked Bohol, Malapascua, Coron

The idea is to go somewhere where I can also do other activities / chill besides diving.

What would you recommend?

FYI, I have already been to Koh Lanta (Thailand) and El Nido + PG in Philippines.

Thanks!

Mike

other big and macro on the same spots is not easy o_O

I like dreaming :D But basically, looking for recommendations, pros and cons :)

In the area I have done A safari cruise around cebu, Rajah Ampat cruise and Romblon combined with Anilao.

They were all magnificent. Taja is the most expensive and Anilao the best quality/price ration.

For Philippines Leyte would be your best bet but as Dirtfarmer writes above not much other big stuff, some groupers but not huge schools or other sharks.
Coron, Bohol and Malapascua all great destinations but not big for whale shark front, can be lucky but same as anywhere else

Similans will probably hit the spot for your criteria of whale sharks, other big and macro, but if you go be prepared for many other divers as its full on high season

Hello guys,

It's me again asking for advice!

Have about 8-10 days early February and considering to go diving again, either Philippines or Thailand.

I'd like to see (whether during dives or snorkeling) some whale sharks, and other big and macro.

If Thailand, I'm considering Similan / Andaman islands
If Philippines, I've checked Bohol, Malapascua, Coron

The idea is to go somewhere where I can also do other activities / chill besides diving.

What would you recommend?

FYI, I have already been to Koh Lanta (Thailand) and El Nido + PG in Philippines.

Thanks!

Mike

Guaranteed whale sharks southern tip of Cebu. have to get there real early morning so spend night. snorkeling only for that. I saw a GIGANTIC sea turtle while there after the whale sharks had gone before noon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom