Earliest ferry Cozumel to Playa Del Carmen?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

csky217

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Could any kind soul who has access to the current ferry schedule please help confirm the time of the earliest (Saturday) ferry from Cozumel to Playa?

Ultramar's website shows a 5:45am departure Cozumel -> Playa, but not sure if that's up to date.

I'm planning a bag drag later in May with an early flight from Cancun (10:45). It looks like the 5:45 ferry plus 7:00am ADO bus should get to the airport by about 8:10am (fingers crossed). Can I make it?

Thank you!

(If it's doable, I'd prefer not to overnight in Cancun - I'd rather wake up early than switch hotels and repack.)

Thank you! I can see why you wouldn't want to check that in person, heh.

Last edited:
Could any kind soul who has access to the current ferry schedule please help confirm the time of the earliest (Saturday) ferry from Cozumel to Playa?

Ultramar's website shows a 5:45am departure Cozumel -> Playa, but not sure if that's up to date.

I'm planning a bag drag later in May with an early flight from Cancun (10:45). It looks like the 5:45 ferry plus 7:00am ADO bus should get to the airport by about 8:10am (fingers crossed). Can I make it?

Thank you!

(If it's doable, I'd prefer not to overnight in Cancun - I'd rather wake up early than switch hotels and repack.)

It would be cutting it close for comfort for me, but it’s doable.

There is also a daily Maya Air flight at 6:50am (except Sundays) as well
As a daily Maya Air flight at 8:00 - 30 minutes by the time you land and get your bags and I always allow
30 minutes to get to the terminal
I’m Departing from.

Of course if you have more than 44lbs of luggage per person it can become cost prohibitive at $5usd per extra pound

Thank you all for the advice! The Maya Air flights sound very convenient, but 44 lbs would be pretty tough.

Thanks all for the advice!

The real-time map is cool but I couldn't figure out how to see the schedule.

I ended up with a slightly later flight which should give more of a buffer. Will see if I can post an updated schedule after the trip. (I'm curious if Mexico Waterjets or Ultramar are going to be faster.)

Thanks everyone for the help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom