Ear Shield/Has Anyone Used This?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan G

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking for any insight from anyone who has used Ear Shield by Dive 1st Aid before I try it myself. I tend to get water trapped in my ears after water activities.

If you have used this product, it would be great to know how effective you found it.

My wife and I used it on my last two dives and seemed to work..it didnt cause any problems. Then on Sunday the dive instructor used it with no ill effects

This product was mentioned recently in a discussion in the Dive Medicine forum if you want to take a look there. I plan to try it, as well as the ear dryer mentioned there. And maybe some kind of vented ear plug. I am apparently prone to ear infections.

Hey Guys,

In addition to diving, I am an avid surfer. I used to get swimmers ear and ear infections on a regular basis. Then, the guys at Ear Shield gave me some product to test. Believe me, this stuff works!

When the water is warm, I just use the Ear Shield. When the water is cold, I use the Ear Shield plus my Doc’s Pro Plugs for added protection.

If you are a year round waterman, this is an awesome combination that will save your ears and prevent infections.

Thanks
Dano

EarShield Water Repellent Ear Spray

WRES-2__54895.1614197630.jpg

I use it on every dive. Have been using it for over 2 years and love it. It coats the ear channels and drastically reduces water getting trapped in them. Before I started using it, it would feel like water was trapped in my ears for 2 or 3 days. I've had some bad ear infections because of that. Now, my ears feel clear as soon as I get out of the water. Jus a couple of squirts in each ear is all you need. One container will last for quite a number of dives.

never had to use it in ocean pond etc.. only in a pool with the bromide ? (spelling) for some reason if I don't use it in the pool i get bad ear ach same for my dive buddy def. works in the pool

For many years, I've used Doc's ProPlugs and they work great. In the last year I've added the Ear Shield to my ear protection regime. I was skeptical at first, but this stuff works wonders! It takes just one spray into each ear canal before entering the water and lasts about 3-4 hours. It acts like a water repellent inside the ear canal. When you exit the water, turn your head side to side, ear to shoulder, and you'll feel a dribble of water drain out. I love this stuff!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom