E-visa for 60 days?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

InDaWata

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,
I have been looking around and the information is scarce- I just wanted to check in here to see if anyone had any experience getting an e-visa (60 days) for indonesia? I dont have the impression that it is offered on the e-visa website...

My understanding is you do the 30 day and then extend another 30 (for the same $500K IDR price again). Applying for 60 day from the start costs a lot more and I think is more involved. I plan to stay >30 days and did just the first part. heading there on Monday. I got a refundable flight (KLM from DPS->SIN for $180USD) that I do not intend to use - a departure flight is supposed to be required, tho it was not needed for the Visa.
Make sure you use the OFFICIAL gov web site to apply for the visa. You will also need to do an online customs form but you cannot apply until within 3 days of arrival.

My understanding is you do the 30 day and then extend another 30 (for the same $500K IDR price again). Applying for 60 day from the start costs a lot more and I think is more involved. I plan to stay >30 days and did just the first part. heading there on Monday. I got a refundable flight (KLM from DPS->SIN for $180USD) that I do not intend to use - a departure flight is supposed to be required, tho it was not needed for the Visa.
Make sure you use the OFFICIAL gov web site to apply for the visa. You will also need to do an online customs form but you cannot apply until within 3 days of arrival.
Is a sponsor necessary?

Do the 30 day eVisa and extend for another 30 days online while you're in Indonesia is the easiest way.

The problem is.... I already have a return ticket for 45 days after I arrive - From what I read, the e-VOA (30 days) won't be issued in this case.

That is why I said I bought the refundable ticket that was within 30 days of arrival. If anyone asks when you leave (until you get the extension) just use that... then cancel it and use your normal return ticket. It did not ask me for the return info to get the VOA, but I think at customs they ask (tho probably not need proof).

I only purchased the 30 day VoA. I am in Indonesia now and want to extend. It is my understanding that i have to go to an immigration office, and that it takes several days to process... including (I believe) leaving my passport with them for a few days. Can anyone confirm this or is there a way to do it same-day?
Also does it have to be done in a particular location? For example I flew into Jakarta but I did not spend any time there. I will be in Bali (Ubud) for a few days towards the end of my stay. I am not sure where I can extend the visa around there. If I can't do it easily I will have to leave after 30 days but would like to stay longer.

Back
Top Bottom