Dynamometric key

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A dynamaaa...?

A dyna moomet...?

Google, google, google...

Oh! A torque wrench!

There are different torque values used in different parts of the dive gear. The torque to install a valve is different then a torque to install a hose.

My torque wrench goes from 20 ft/pounds (2 newtons) to 200 ft/pounds (22.5 newtons.)

and with you torque wrench you do almost all part of the dive gear?

Yes, I think that covers most of the torque ranges you will encounter in scuba gear. But you would still need the various sizes of sockets and 'crows feet' to accommodate whatever gear you're working on.

I would think 2 would be required, a 20-200 inch pounds and a 20-200 ft lbs, but I’m not sure you’d ever use anything up to 200 ft lbs. some things require small small torques, like burst discs and hoses.

Holy Crap! I wrote 'foot pounds." I meant 'inch pounds.'

20-200 'inch pounds' is what I use. Unless I'm trying to install a valve on a storage bank or replace the heads on an engine block.

Always listen to the Wookie...

Holy Crap! I wrote 'foot pounds." I meant 'inch pounds.'

20-200 'inch pounds' is what I use. Unless I'm trying to install a valve on a storage bank or replace the heads on an engine block.

Always listen to the Wookie...
My head bolts on my MAN Diesel engine are at the second of 3 90 degree torques. First, torque to 80 Ft lbs., the 90degrees 3 times. We’re over 300 ft lbs, headed for 1200 I expect

Back
Top Bottom