dx4/delta 3 regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erwun

Registered
Reaction score
hi to all,

i'm planning to get an oceanic dx4/delta 3 regulator (someone is selling me brand new). however, i don't know the performance of this reg. perhaps, it's an old model since it's not featured in the 2007 oceaninc catalogue. i made some research in the scuba board, but unfortunately, i could not find any topic that touches the reg in question. for those who have had the experience of using it, please let me know if it's worth buying. your advice is truly appreciated.

thanks!

erwin
philippines

Just curious is this the Titanium first stage? My instructor's Wife uses the titanium Delta 3, and I have borrowed it and put it on my doubles to try it deep, and it was a very nice breathing reg, very smooth delivery with next to no effort. The Delta's were always Oceanic's top models, so you really dont have anything to worry about.

Jim

The Delta 4 has been known to be a strong reg. As for the Delta 3 I have no idea but try HOME - Scuba Diving Magazine and look at some older gear tests. I have found some info on older stuff at that site. Email Oceanic for the specs.

Oceanic DX4 Balanced Diaphragm
The new DX4 Balanced Diaphragm boasts the same high performance found in all Oceanic regulators. It is the perfect regulator for extreme diving conditions, such as ice diving or diving in high sediment. With its new rubberized details, the DX4 is protected from possible damage during and between dives. The "Venturi-Assist" on the primary low pressure port boosts the air flow to the second stage, making the DX4 breathe effortlessy in any situation. The Balanced Diaphragm first stage design has been the regulator of choice for many divers who find themselves in extreme diving conditions. The advanced design of the DX4 Balanced Diaphragm First Stage isolates the critical seats and o-rings from the harsh environment. This helps prevent internal corrosion and contaminant buildup, leading to more consistent performance between service intervals.
FEATURES
VENTURI-ASSISTED PRIMARY PORT - The DX4 Balanced Diaphragm First Stage isn't simply reliable, it also has a unique feature called Venturi-Assist which actually helps provide a "turbo boost" of air flow to the second stage as depth or demand increases. Simply put, the DX4 provides more air to the second stage when you need it most.
SEALED DESIGN - The advanced design of the DX4 Balanced Diaphragm First Stage isolates the critical seats and o-rings from the harsh environment. This helps prevent internal corrosion and contaminant buildup, leading to more consistent performance between service intervals.
ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION - For cold water or high sediment diving you can also depend on an optional 'dry' Environmental Protection Kit for the DX4 Diaphragm to help prevent freeze-ups and contamination that effect other first stages. The environmental kit completely seals the upper spring chamber of the first stage to prevent ice crystallization without the hassle and mess of silicone or alcohol based fluids.
2 HIGH PRESSURE PORTS - 2 High pressure ports allow for convenient positioning of the first stage in either the 'up' or 'down' position. High pressure attachments can be mounted on either side or accommodate redundant systems.
4 LOW PRESSURE PORTS
- 4 Low pressure ports allow for convenient routing of all low pressure hoses.
DIN OR USA YOKE -
dinconv.jpg
The DX4 First Stage is available standard with your choice of either a 330 BAR DIN or USA Yoke fitting. A convertible yoke is also available that can convert a DIN fitting to a USA Yoke without the use of tools.
NITROX COMPATIBILITY - Factory cleaned and assembled in a clean room environment with special o-rings, halocarbon based lubricants and color-coded for easy identification, the DX4 NITROX gives you all you need in a reliable Nitrox-ready regulator.

SPECIFICATIONS
dx4a.jpg
FACTORY SET INTERMEDIATE PRESSURE - 140 psi +/- 5 psi
LUBRICANT - Christo-Lube(r) MCG#111 used exclusively for reduced friction and superior performance.

MATERIALS
VALVE - Triple Chrome Plated, Marine Grade Machined Brass
300 Series Passivated Stainless Steel

thanks for all the info. they are very useful. indeed, a high performance reg! jimmer, it's not the titanium version (is there a big difference between the titanium and brass 1st stages?). yup, i'm going to buy that reg. thanks for the help!

erwin

thanks for all the info. they are very useful. indeed, a high performance reg! jimmer, it's not the titanium version (is there a big difference between the titanium and brass 1st stages?). yup, i'm going to buy that reg. thanks for the help!

erwin

I think the main difference is weight and cost, Titanium should make very little difference in performance.

Back
Top Bottom