Dutch Springs Diving Accident

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The ambulance did not seem to be in much of a hurry.

The staff put the diver's gear in a police car and the cops took off pretty quickly.

/everything I saw

I watched the rescue unfold. It took at least 10 mins. to get the diver to shore. I know they can't use any kind of motor in the quarry but it seemed like a long time to me.

I was up the Saturday before last and a guy blew out an ear drum. I read the news link posted. I liked the way the paper threw in the DS has a waiver that absolves them from all responsibility...

The water is still cold and there aren't many if any students the times I've been up. Maybe an advanced class, but no real noobs. I still think people are afraid to call the dive when things aren't going well. Too bad, and hope the guy is alright.

It looked like the guy was wearing a one piece wet suit. According to his buddy, he came straight up from 60' and passed out on the surface. He was completely gray by the time they reached the shore.

my thoughts go to the guys family . . .

I have never been but agree that sometimes at a quarry folks are less likely to call a dive . . .I mean it is only a quarry you can't REALLY get hurt can you . . . :shakehead:

i was there when it happened and heard the calls for help. but the guy is ok. very lucky to be alive. he was unconscious by the time he surfaced but the dutch springs staff gave him rescue breaths and got him breathing again by the time they got back to shore.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom