Dutch Springs and The Dive Shop (Cherry Hill), Memorial Day Weekend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jersey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just back from a fantastic Sat-Sun @ Dutch with The Dive Shop folks. Owner Arin, instructors Amanda and Kevin, DMC's Tony, Bill, Ellis (and more I'm sure I forgot) are super-safety conscious, thorough and fun! If anyone is looking for certification or advanced training in S. Jersey talk to them.

Despite threatening weather, thunderstorms Friday night and snow in NY state, Saturday was extremely windy and cool, but mostly sunny with a brief sprinkle in the afternoon. Sunday the winds layed down and temps were warmer. Dutch was empty Saturday, surface temp 56, platforms @ 25 - 35 feet 52-54 degrees, @ 65 feet I saw a chilly 46 before I stopped looking. Sunday was a bit more crowded, still pretty much had platforms and attractions to ourselves.

Got to meet a couple other SB members, but didn't get to dive with. Always next time.

I was primarily there to support my brother and newphew getting their OW in a class of 6 included my brother/nephew, another father/son team and 2 others. Talk about training ratios - I think they had 6 students, 1-2 instructors and 3-4 DMC's in for a 1:1 student/pro ratio per dive. I managed to get in 2 dives Saturday with Dennis from LI, NY first dive primarily to check out some new gear which was good as there were issues. Sunday I did a post-certification dive with the newly-minted OW divers and took some pictures of the class.As avid fishermen, it was fun to see my family catch their first glimse of fish from a different perspective - that of the fish! Joe Sr. and Joe Jr. I am extremely proud of you!

IMG_1402.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom