dutch replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divingdad77

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
has anyone found a new location for local dives and training ? dutch limited access and no airfills is not really a viable option , i have heard dingmans in pa is very good , possably miawaska ?

I was at my LDS this past weekend finishing up Nitrox training, and had asked what they're doing with the prognosis of future use of Dutch up in the air. He mentioned some site out in Lancaster county, but I don't recall the name. He did say tho' that it's far from a like-for-like replacement as that second site has terrible viz - to the tune of 'can't see your hand in front of your face at times'. *cringe*

NYC Sea Gypsies did a mentoring weekend at the 2 locations being run as an offshoot of Lancaster Scuba through: Homepage - Dive Peer

I couldn't make it this weekend but the reports (paraphrased) were.

Willow Springs: 20'ish viz, 57deg, max 42' with UW features - evidently there is some sort of algae control system being trialed.

Lake Allure: worse viz, 45 deg at 60', 110'+ deep.

Both are much smaller and quieter than Dutch with limited parking. No Airfills currently, but may be in the works.

Don't have a lot of details, but Indian Valley Scuba has gotten access to an old quarry up in Slatington, but it won't be public access, it will have to run through IVS.

Back
Top Bottom