Durable Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgiddings

Contributor
Reaction score
I am going to the Galapagos in two months and it is highly recommended to use gloves. I hear the barnacles are really ferocious and so I am looking for good, strong, durable, yet cheap gloves. I’m looking to spend $20-$30 per pair.

Any recommendations?

Hey jgiddings

Whatever you choose buy a tube of aquasure and dip all the fingertips and cover all seems. This will make your gloves last for ages. If you need further traction (cured Aquasure is slippery) sprinkle some sand on the fingerpads before drying. And don't scrats you nose with the cloves on :nono:

No particular recommendations. Many brands and styles of kevlar gloves out there. You might be able to get a pair at a dive shop or tackle store. Fisherman and divers use them when cleaning fish, sometimes.

http://www.diverssupplyinc.com/gloves.html

Pescador is right. Go to a tackle shop and get 2 fish filet gloves (they don't come in pairs so you have to buy 2...). Wear them over regular reef gloves. I have a pair that are 15 years old and still as good as new.

Tom

I have a pair of Akona Kevlar reef gloves. They are really tough. when I first tried them on I didn't like them. I thought they were too stiff, But You don't even notice it in the water.

I think they were about $30

Back
Top Bottom